Thursday, July 31, 2008

Soleil goes to the zoo!

It was the hottest day I can remember and Soleil was well aware. She thoroughly enjoyed the zoo's water play area. It was her favorite attraction, for sure. You practically had to hold us back from jumping in, too!
Playing in the water area.

Checking out Soleil's favorite animal, the giraffe.


We were here to check out the elephants. Soleil? Checking out the mulch!



This beautiful llama was on display in the kid's area. Do you think Soleil was interested? Not so much. She did like studying the leaf in her hand, though.




Soleil got stuck in the slide and couldn't get out! Luckily, Daddy squeezed in and pulled her out!
Okay, so here is my disclaimer. I have never been one for zoos. I don't believe in them! I do not like the idea of animals being confined and away from their natural habitats/families. However, the things you are willing to do for your children may just outweigh my zoo principles. I am not jumping with joy at the thought of ever going again, but I think it may be inevitable.





No comments: